'The Noise' is about action. It is about showing the love of Jesus in communities across Bristol through acts of service, love and generosity. It was started at Ebe Church and still has its office based here but now impacts communities across Bristol.
‘The Noise’ is a charity that is committed to working in urban estate communities in Bristol. This started back in 2001 with 30 volunteers working in Lockleaze, North Bristol, to 900+ volunteers working in communities in both North, East, South and Central Bristol in 2019.
Noise volunteers are all ages, with a large number being young people under 30. They are predominantly, but not exclusively, from local churches in Bristol. All are keen to get stuck in and make a difference in the local community by volunteering their time in lots of very different practical ways.
On a Noise weekend, volunteers work hard on a range of events and projects which aim to benefit as many sectors of the community as possible. These included:
• FREE Family Fun Afternoons in each community
• FREE Practical maintenance work at local schools/community buildings
• FREE Practical gardening or DIY support with vulnerable adults and families
• FREE Senior Citizens’ events
• FREE Football coaching and tournaments, family photos, and more!
'The Noise 2020' is our 20th year anniversary and happening on Friday 8th (Bank Holiday) - 10th May 2020. So get the dates in your diaries.